A site specific light installation, and lantern procession, for the opening event for The Bloomsbury Festival produced by ‘Hidden Cities’ was developed for festivals in 2011 and 2012.
In 2011 a series of 4 light box sculptures were inspired by the architecture and history of Russell Square. Each box created an interactive mini pavilion filled with shadows including: The Woods; Bloomsbury is listed in 1066 Doomsday book as having a ‘Wood for 100 pigs’. Cossacks guarding; The artist sir Thomas Lawrence lived at no.67 Russell Square.Whilst painting General Platov his house was guarded by Cossacks. Montagu House; The 17th century mansion house became the first home of The British Museum. Bloomsbury Fish; Bloomsbury once had its own fish market. This installation led to a multi strand project called ‘The Collectors’ in 2012 which was a collaboration with ‘The Grant Zoology Museum’, ‘Sound Castle’, ‘SameSky’ and director Rachel Warr. Children from four local primary schools explored the collections at The Grant Zoology Museum and used them as inspiration to create puppets, sound and dance performance. Russell Square was filled with lit sculpture and installation referring to ‘Collections’.