Artist in Residence
Hotham Primary School
London Borough Wandsworth
January to July 2018
This residency was spent with a focus on Early Years. Working with teachers to develop projects, this Artist in Residence resulted in a huge variety of activities which were devised to enhance REAL project learning and the curriculum. Many projects focussed on ‘Collections’ and what a museum can be. Together we:
- Made action paintings about weather.
- Made dinosaur eggs and prints.
- Unearthed a Hoard of letters from Wandsworth residents to the WWII war front.
- Created a ‘Museum of Future Fossils’
- Designed and made a real Royal Mail stamp
- Put together a ‘Hotham Museum of Ancient Egypt’
- Made 3D paper sculptures inspired by Barbara Hepworth
- Researched the school history and made collages
- Made sculptures from plastic clutter
- Made books of calm